On 25 April 2019, the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia adopted the Law on Amendments and Supplements to the Law on Planning and Construction („The Law“).
The Law will enable the resolution of property-legal relations and the elimination of problems encountered in the expropriation process, as well as overcoming practical difficulties investors encounter in course of permitting procedures.
The most important points are:
- As evidence of settled property relations in regards to the specific real estate , an investor may provide a written statement confirming that it will settle the property relations before the issuance of the usage permit, in order to obtain building permit for the particular project;
- In case that building permit is obtained based on such investor’s statement, the application for construction works may be submitted only for the part of the real estate for which the investor has provided an evidence of settled property relations on the specific real estate;
- The content of the building permit is specified;
- A building permit issued for the works on the part of the building is valid until the application for construction works on all parts of the building is done;
- The Serbian Chamber of Engineers has been reorganized.
These changes had come into force on 30 April 2019.